By Kristyn Jones
Everyone has had that emotional moment from childhood when you opened a cereal box and found a toy! In-pack premiums bring instant gratification and extend brand exposure (and the brand experience) well beyond a single use.
What does your consumer get?
- Builds brand loyalty
- Participate in the excitement
- Experience instant gratification
- Functional premiums (like spoons) benefit consumers for a long time
What does the retailer get?
- Creates a point of difference at ‘moment of truth’ in-aisle
- Added-value instead of promotional discounting
- Exciting offers & displays boost sagging category
- Support entertainment property-based store-in-store displays
- Creates retailer loyalty
- Collectible sets promote pantry loading, multiple repeat purchases
- Enticing endcaps boost traffic in declining center store aisles
What does your brand get?
- 13-30% CPG incremental sales lift
- Wins feature & display with key accounts
- Entertainment partner can bring new customers to brand
- Your branded premium can live on in households for years
- Collectible premiums may create multiple purchases
- Toys provide value beyond discounting
- Differentiation: Breaks through the clutter with packaging & POS takeovers
- Creates “news” and social media buzz
Here’s the research: